Leigh Stevens, MD
Interventional Pain Physician
Dr. Leigh Stevens is a fellowship trained Interventional Pain Physician.
Fellowship training is the highest level of training available for pain physicians in the United States. She specializes in minimally invasive treatments of chronic pain.
Dr. Stevens received her medical degree from Saba University School of Medicine. Dr. Stevens has twenty one years of experience in healthcare. She began her career as a registered nurse and obtained her advanced nursing degree as a Certified Nurse Anesthetist. She practiced as a nurse anesthetist for 5 years before returning back to school to gain further knowledge and clinical expertise in anesthesiology and interventional pain medicine.
Dr. Stevens completed her residency in Anesthesia at the Drexel /Hahnemann University Hospital in Philadelphia, PA. She served as a Chief Resident during her training program. After residency training, She completed a one-year interventional pain fellowship at Baystate Medical Center Pain Medicine Fellowship in Springfield, MA. She is board certified in Anesthesiology and board eligible in pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology, the only recognized board certification for pain management through the American Board of Medical Specialties. After fellowship, she worked in rural Georgia as an attending anesthesiologist and interventional pain physician.
- MBA in Healthcare Administration, Davenport University, Grand Rapids, MI/span>
- MD, Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands-Antilles
- Masters in Biological Science in Nurse Anesthesia, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT
- BSN, Jacksonville State University, Jacksonville, AL
- Fellowship— Interventional Pain Medicine
- Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
- Residency—Anesthesiology, Drexel/Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship—Surgery, Drexel/Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
Boards and Certifications:
- American Board of Anesthesiology
Organizations and Affiliations:
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Personal Interests and Hobbies:
Dr. Stevens, her husband Ray, and their two children moved here from Georgia. She enjoys medical mission trips, snow and water skiing. She is a passionate advocate concerning the plight of orphans and foster children. Dr. Stevens and her husband are active members of the adoption community.