Gary Hurst has been a nurse practitioner for over 18 years. He obtained his bachelors degree from Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore Maryland and his Masters degree from Creighton University in Omaha Nebraska. Gary has extensive experience including family practice, emergency care and his most recent positions in pain management and orthopedic surgery. He provides consultations, which involve care of spine and pain patients with recommendations for further surgical evaluation, multidisciplinary treatments, and interventional therapies. He will provide collaborative care with other Axis Spine providers as well as autonomous management. He also provides preoperative, hospital and postoperative care and is a surgical assistant with Drs. Kent and Blizzard.
- Family Nurse Practitioner, Master of Science, Clinical Focus, Creighton University, Omaha, NE
- Nursing, Bachelors of Science, Dean’s Honor, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
- Physiology Concentration, Bachelors of Science, Biology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
Skills, Certifications and Awards:
- Family Nurse Practitioner Certification, American Nurses Credentialing Center
- Registered Nurse First Assistant Orthopedics
- Women’s Board Scholar – Johns Hopkins University