Ivanka Kuran, PT, DPT, OCS, COMT, ATC
Ivanka was born and raised in Canada where she received her initial Bachelor’s in physical therapy from the University of Alberta. She then went on to receive her Athletic Trainer Certification from Mount Royal College. After moving to the US, she received her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the College of St. Scholastica. She has achieved level IV certification in manual therapy through NAIOMT in addition to Orthopedic Specialty Certification.
Ivanka has worked in the Coeur d’ Alene area since 2001 and has recently returned after receiving additional training in techniques to address advanced spine and orthopedic conditions. Techniques include IASTYM, cupping and dry needling in addition to manual therapy.
- BSc.PT – University of Alberta, Canada
- DPT – College of St. Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- Certified Athletic Trainer (ATC)
- Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties
- Level IV Certified Manual Therapist (COMT) through the North American Institute of Orthopedic Manual Therapy
- Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTYM) and Cupping Certification
- Dry Needling Certification
Personal Interests and Hobbies:
Ivanka is a former cross country and basketball player in college and since has completed over 60 marathons and 24 Ironman races. In her spare time, Ivanka enjoys travel, biking, swimming and volunteering in the community supporting youth sports, and organizing local races and events. She is excited to join the Axis Spine Team promoting diet, exercise and wellness as part of a comprehensive program addressing pain management with both neck and back spinal conditions.