Jessica Jameson, MD
Interventional Pain Physician
Dr. Jessica B. Jameson is a fellowship trained Interventional Pain Physician.
Fellowship training is the highest level of training available for pain physicians in the United States. She specializes in minimally invasive treatments of chronic pain.
Dr. Jameson received her medical degree from Michigan State University. Upon graduation, she went on to complete her internship at David Grant USAF Medical Center at Travis Air Force Base in California. She then spent four years as a United States Air Force Flight Surgeon.
Dr. Jameson completed her residency in Anesthesia at the University of Iowa College of Medicine in Iowa City. She then furthered her training by graduating from a Harvard fellowship in Pain Medicine at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, MA. She is board certified in both anesthesiology and pain management by the American Board of Anesthesiology. This is the only recognized board certification for pain management through the American Board of Medical Specialties. Dr Jameson is also the only physician in North Idaho who is board certified in obesity medicine. She is on numerous international committees in the field of pain management and has published articles and developed national curriculum related to interventional pain management. She serves on the board of the American Society for Interventional Pain Physician, Women in Neuromodulation, Idaho Society of Interventional Pain Physicians and is a founder of The Society for Women Innovators in Pain Management. She is actively involved in clinical research serving as the principal investigator for multiple randomized controlled trials.
Dr. Jameson has been a valuable asset and member of the community since 2013 and is proud to be the co-founder of Axis Spine Center.
- MD, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, East Lansing, MI
- Fellowship— Interventional Pain Medicine, Harvard Medical School-Beth Israel
- Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Residency—Anesthesiology, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, IA
- United States Air Force Flight Surgery, Tinker AFB, Oklahoma City, OK
- Internship—Family Practice, Travis Air Force Base, CA
Boards and Certifications:
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- American Board of Anesthesiology-Pain Medicine
Organizations and Affiliations:
- American Society of Anesthesiologists
- American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- North American Neuromodulation Society
- Spine Intervention Society
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Obesity Medicine Association
Personal Interests and Hobbies:
Dr. Jameson, her husband Jason, and their three children moved here from Massachusetts. She enjoys playing soccer, snow and water skiing and all types of outdoor adventures. She also spent many years in vocal training and performing and is known for her singing during her procedures. Have your requests ready!